Sunday, June 10, 2007

Nespresso Espresso!

Vacations are full of special experiences, memories and even sensory sensations. For the past few years, we have been vacationing with my sister and her husband (The TBFs) in Switzerland. One of the sensory sensations that always greets me when we wake up each morning at their home is the coffee that they make. It is very different than what I make at home and it is one of the ways that I finally come to realize that I am truly on vacation. The coffee that they make is more espresso tasting than what I brew at home. In previous years, they would brew it by using a Jura coffee maker. They have recently replaced it with a Nespresso machine. We were so impressed with how easy it was to use, we bought one last Sunday at Williams-Sonoma when we were out shopping with my sister (see my previous post). We fired it up today and enjoyed our first Nespresso coffee at our house!




Mind you, I will never give up my Starbucks coffee. However, it will be nice to have a Nespresso now and then while pretending I am vacationing in Europe. Nespresso, take me away!

5 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, June 11, 2007, Blogger The Big Finn said...

Now that you have a Nespresso machine, we're going to have to come up with something else at our apartment to help you realize that you are on vacation.

 
At 9:35 AM, June 11, 2007, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Nespresso makes excellent coffee. So.You getting the holiday/vacation feeling at home? ;)

 
At 6:54 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Mrs. TBF said...

Nice picture...glad to see you're enjoying the new toy! No need to give up Starbucks...they can coexist peacefully in your world.

 
At 5:27 PM, June 16, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Well I can say I absolutely love that machine too. Friends in Montreux work for Nestle and are big fans of the machine and the different flavors of espresso you can have...

I'm jealous, but maybe I'll make up for it by hitting the store while we are in California this beginning of July!

 
At 11:23 AM, June 17, 2007, Blogger Mark said...

Great purchase! Nothing beats the scent of freshly brewed espresso after waking up in the morning. Keep the holiday feeling coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home